Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me





For my 30th birthday Aonghus got me my very own copy of Ulysses and took me out to Sandycove, where we (okay, I) nerded out at the James Joyce museum. The museum is housed in the Martello tower briefly inhabited by Joyce and used as the setting for the opening scene of Ulysses. It was a gorgeous day, so had to make our way through a mass of sunburnt Dubliners piled onto the tiny strip of beach at Sandycove, savoring the only bit of sun they might see for the rest of the year. We had a nice meal at a fancy restaurant and took the train back. It wasn't Paris, but it was perfect.


















































2 comments:

Violet Rays said...

OH man u went to the musuem, i bet you had the time of your life :)!!!! the pictures look amazing. glad that it was a beautiful weather day! love u

sheknitupthat said...

Happy birthday to you!